Thursday, May 01, 2008

WAITING FOR NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER

Your missionary to Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, Rob Schenck, reporting:

I'm thumb-typing on my Blackberry hand-held as I sit in the stately Caucus Room of the US Cannon office building adjacent to the Capitol here in Washington.

In just a few moments Shirley Dobson will open the gathering and we will do what we we're here to do: Pray!

I've participated in these gatherings for several years now in addition to my usual pilrimage to the US Supreme Court where I lead the only National Day of Prayer observance at the seat of the Judicial Branch.

This is a wonderful exercise and I have no doubt God is pleased with it. As I sit here I think what this country would be like if it were to ban such prayer gatherings. We've teetered on the edge of that abyss more than once. God help us in His mercy to remain faithful to Him!

They're calling us to order so I better go. I'll be back to you later in the day. I go immediately from here to close the Bible Reading Marathon at the Capitol and then immediately to the Court to pray there.

Stand by for a full report at end-of-day!

Blessings,

Rev. Rob Schenck
www.faithandaction.org
Faith and Action
109 2nd St, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-546-8329